3

Auntie Weaze's Best Reads 2010

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I'm a few days late, but its been hectic. Today I finally managed to pack the 'cherubs' off to school and before I knew it, they were home again. Not that I am complaining of course (I wouldn't dare).

So, here's a round up of my favourite reads of 2010.

1. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
 
By far one of the most emotional books I have ever read. It is beautifully written and very moving.
2. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Thought provoking and sincere, its subject matter cannot fail to move you.




3. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden

Intriguing and interesting with exquisite imagery.





4. The Painted Veil - W Somerset Maugham

An interesting read about relationship, love and faith during a cholera epidemic. Intriguing, yet bleak. Check out the film - It has a different ending and the cinematography is stunning. 


5. A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb 

This may be a novel for young adults, and I may be the wrong side of 30, but I found it a lovely read- a charming story of love with a twist.


That sums up my favourites for last year. It's a short list, but I can't read that fast no matter how hard I try....

3 comments:

Irene Palfy

I liked A Thousand Splendid Suns very much, too! It's a great book!
Thank you for commenting (and of course following too) at my blog! :")

Herbee-Nana's

Thank you! I like your blog, there's something warm and cosy about it :-))

Irene Palfy

aww - this is the nicest thing to say! er.. or write.. ;")

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio