3

Eclipse (The Film) Like it or Loathe it?

I was fortunate enough at the weekend to borrow a copy of Eclipse, the movie, on DVD. I had been looking forward to watching it having seen the first two films, and having read all the books previously.

So, there I was, chocolates in one hand, nice glass of red in the other, happily anticipating a night of pure, unadulterated vampire-wolf pleasure. So, imagine my disappointment when less than half way through the film I found myself trying desperately hard not to hate it.

'What is wrong with me?', I questioned. 'Mid life crisis?'.

I love The Twilight Saga. It is my absolute delicious guilty pleasure. I remember staying up until 5am trying to finish reading Twilight, and by the end of Breaking Dawn I was even asking myself whether I was Team Edward, or Team Jacob. Yes, even at my age, when I'm almost old enough to be their mother. (Almost, but not quite).

 I remember when I first saw Twilight; surprised to find that Jacob was actually Shark Boy (from Shark Boy & Lava Girl -a film that I have been subjected to more times than I care to remember). And when in New Moon in that most spectacular scene when he finally removes his T-shirt, all I could say was, 'Wow, Shark Boy has grown pecs!'. You could say I was stunned, truly stunned. The cinematography was outstanding.

But then there's Eclipse. And I have to admit, that for me, the cracks have begun to show. Just like in the book, the character of Bella has begun to grate slightly. She is a bit whiny at times don't you think? And does she ever smile, or think how lucky she is to have two of the most sexy men in modern literature (and film) running after her? And will she just quit it with the 'I don't believe in marriage' nonsense. No Bella, neither do we, but just marry him anyway, it's Edward for gawd's sake. You should be so lucky.

Ok, ok, so its not real and I may be getting a bit carried away here. And I am probably playing with fire as my niece reads this blog, and she thinks Eclipse is the best film yet. Maybe I'm just cynical. But, for me, the plot is wearing a bit thin now. Bella is getting annoying. Edward is getting paler. Jacob is getting....more muscles? And I wish she'd just hurry up and choose already. It really isn't that difficult. Pale, skinny, cold one or dark, muscular hot-blooded one?

It's got to be Shark Boy, Edward Jacob. Every time.

So, thank you Chloe for lending me your copy of Eclipse. I will return it forthwith. Unless you would like me to keep it for a little longer of course, just to make sure I really didn't like it that much......

3 comments:

Irene Palfy

Hihi - liked your entry! I did neither read the book nor watched the films.. But I am going to watch them when Lee Pace is joining the cast - yes, I love that man! (I am a fan of Pushing Daisies..) I always wanted to watch Shark Boy & Lava Girl - but till now I did not have the opportunity - is it very good?

Herbee-Nana's

I confess I had to google Lee Pace as in my ignornace I had no idea who he was...is he joining the cast for Breaking Dawn then?
My 6 year old has the hots for Lava girl although he denies this. He made me watch it 6 times in one day. It was a good film up until then :-))

Irene Palfy

Yes, Lee Pace will be in Breaking Dawn as a character who is not in the books (terrible grammar - my head is bursting.. sorry. I am sure you'll understand what I mean.)

Well, there are only few films who are still good after you watched them 6 times in a row.. ;")

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio